Thursday 6 October 2011

CHINA oh China! 中国/中华

I have always loved beautiful scenes. Natural scenery especially always appeals to me.  While looking at pictures on the internet, I came across these beautiful pictures….and the places were in china…china oh china!


Beautiful architecture they’ve got, they have a superb political geography as the second largest country in the world by land area, they have the largest land borders in the world. China has lovely porcelain pieces and research shows that one-fifth of the world’s population is of the Chinese nationality.
Ancient Chinese people are responsible for pioneering several technological inventions like paper making, needle compass, blast furnace etc. China has the largest number of phone users in the world and world’s largest number of internet and broadband users. Officially the People’s republic of China officially recognises 56 ethnic groups, and they have loads of Hong Kong cuisines and American Chinese food.


Reading about china just makes me wanna go there, you know. I know a lot about how people go there to shop, the many trade fairs and all. I know all the popular places Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou etc
There are a lot of must see places in china, and one of them is Beijing. The great wall of Beijing and the forbidden city are places to see in Beijing.

THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA : Beijing happens to be the capital of PRC and it is unarguably the political, and cultural heart of the country. The great wall of china is one of the greatest beauties you’ll see in the world, the amount of human effort that was sown into that building cannot be overemphasised knowing it was built when there were no mechanical equipments. The wall runs 373 miles, 827 city platforms , 71 passes and countless towers. The wall is over 2000 years, however it’s still one of the world’s greatest grandeur. It’s definitely a site to behold


THE FORBIDDEN CITY 紫禁城 : I’m sure you are all wondering  why this city is called forbidden, lol…well it is called forbidden because  it was forbidden for commoners and even nobles to enter the city uninvited. Nowadays, the Forbidden City is open to tourists from home and abroad. It used to be the imperial palace of the emperors, a royal architectural wonder, grand and deluxe halls and surprisingly magnificent treasures .It was listed as a world cultural heritage site in 1987 by UNESCO. The city has 980 buildings and 8707 rooms. It is currently the home of the palace museum, it houses extensive collection of artwork and artefact from the royal collections of the Ming and Qing Dynasties. It’s now one of the most popular tourist attractions world-wide and a place you’’ll want to see.

9 comments:

  1. Uhm, seems like a travel blog. Am I right in that assumption?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ilola: Uhm..seems like you are right in your assumption,lol.

    Thanks for dropping by, you just gave me the encouragement I needed and thanks for the follow too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW,,,I am so going to redirect people here from my blog so that I dont need to explain the Forbidden city and the Great Wall!!! I just got back from the Great wall on Wednesday.
    I am def. following and thanks for showing up at mine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are u serious? hmm, I bet you had a lovely time..lol, keep them coming HoneyDame...thanks for the follow too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by my blog darling. Sure will be checking as I loveeeeeeeee traveling!
    Great job! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure missy Tee..thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. China is sure a beautiful country. Thanks for the info on the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City. It reminds me of China Town in Lagos. :-D


    naijabankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally found you, nd am following u all the way. It's me and you wherever you decide to go dear. Now you chose China; don't know why, but I love China, maybe because of their frugal ways, persevering imitation,diligence, productiveness, and staunch belief in hard work. Whatever it is, i love them and i love your blog.
    Zaijian, and thanks for the follow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, thanks for finding me...i love china too...One I think I also love about them is their healthy lifestyle. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete